120ml/4fl.oz. Vegetable Oil (or Ghee)
2 teaspoon Garlic Paste
2 teasoonpoon Ginger Paste
200g/7oz Natural Yoghurt
1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
2 teaspoon Coriander Seeds
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
1-2 teaspoon Salt 1 teaspoon Chilli Powder
675g/1 1/2lb Boneless Chicken Breasts, cut into 2.5cm/1 inch pieces
1 Large Onion
5 Tomatoes, chopped
Freshly chopped Coriander to garnish
1. Heat the oil or Ghee in a large pan, add the garlic and ginger pastes and cook for 1 minute.
2. Reduce the heat and gradually stir in the yogurt then add the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, turmeric, red chili powder and salt stirring constantly.
3. Add the chicken and simmer over a very low heat until all the yogurt has been absorbed.
4. Meanwhile, cut the onions into 2.5cm/1inch pieces then add to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook for a further 5 minutes.
6. To serve - transfer to a heated serving dish and garnish with chopped coriander.
To make Lamb Bhuna, just use a good quality Lamb, diced and as fresh as possible.