4 large crabs
3 tbsps mustard oil
2 tbsps red chilli powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
3 tbsps turmeric powdersalt as per taste
1 medium sized onion - ground to a paste
2 tbsps freshly ground ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp pepper powder
1. In a bowl, mix the red chilli powder, coriander powder, 2 tbsp turmeric powder, salt with a little water to make a fine paste
2. Mix the onion paste and the ginger garlic paste along with a little water to make a fine paste.
1. Separate the claws from the crab. Now cut the crabs into 2 pieces.
2. In a vessel, put the crabs along with the claws. Put enough water to cover the crabs. Add 1 tbsp turmeric powder and salt and bring to a boil. As soon as the boiling starts, remove the vessel from heat and drain the water. Now wash the crabs with normal water and put aside.
3. In a wok or karhai, heat the mustard oil to the smoking point. Add the paste as mentioned in point 1 of Masala preparation. Stir it for 5 minutes. Make sure that the paste doesnot stick to the wok. Add a little water and bring to a boil.
4. Now to the above mixture, add the paste as mentioned in point 2 of Masala preparation.
5. Constantly stir the above mixture. Cook till the red masala is well done. Add some water and bring to a boil.
6. Now to this mixture add the crabs and the claws. Mix thorougly so that all he crabs are coated with the red masala.
7. After 2-3 minutes of boliling, sprinkle the pepper powder and remove from heat and server hot with white rice.