|Basmati Rice||1 & 1/2 Cup|
|Carrot (Medium Sized)||3 Nos.|
|Capsicum (Big)||1 No.|
|Cabbage (Medium Sized)||1/2 No.|
|Potato (diced)||1/2 Cup|
|Onion (Big)||2 Nos.|
|Green Peas||1/4 cup|
|Green Chilies||2 Nos.|
|Cinnamon||A small piece|
|Cloves||3 - 4 Nos.|
|Cardamom||2 - 3 Nos.|
|Bay leaves||A few|
|Grated coconut||2 Cups|
|Chopped coriander leaves||A few|
- Chop the carrot, beans lengthwise into 1 inch pieces.
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 1/2 an hour.
- Drain the water and keep the rice aside.
- Heat a little ghee in a pan and fry the rice till all the moisture evaporates. Keep it aside.
- Grind the grated coconut with water and extract the milk from it and make it to 2 cups.
- Powder the cinnamon, cloves & cardamom and keep it aside.
- Heat a little oil & ghee, fry the bay leaves and then the powdered spices.
- To this add green chillies and fry for few seconds and then add the chopped onions and continue frying till it becomes golden brown.
- Now add shredded cabbage and continue frying for another minute.
- To this add the remaining vegetables and fry over high flame till the vegetables become tender.
- Pour the coconut extract along with salt and mix well.
- When the above starts boiling add the fried rice and mix well.
- Pressure cook the above (Using a rice cooker is better) for 1 whistle.
- Remove from stove and garnish with fried cashewnuts & chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with onion raita or chips.